Planning on skipping Valentine’s Day this year? Instead of rejecting this holiday altogether, consider embracing the true meaning of St. Valentine’s — celebrating love — and set aside some time for a little self-love.
We all deserve to treat ourselves every once in a while, regardless of our relationship status. From cozying up for a non-cheesy movie marathon to getting creative with a new inspiration board, here is a list of 10 ideas of nice things to do for yourself on Valentine’s Day per Huff Post Teen.
1. Write A Love Letter To Yourself — There’s nothing arrogant about reaffirming why you think you’re awesome and acknowledging your best qualities in the form of a letter.
2. Bake Your Favorite Snacks — Bake some delicious snacks, like Oreo macaroons or double chocolate espresso cookies, because you don’t need to worry about what anyone else likes today.
3. Make a Playlist — Make yourself a playlist to the theme of “loving yourself.” From One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful” to anything — and everything — written by T Swift, there are plenty of songs that promote self-love and acceptance.
4. Be Creative — Get in touch with your creative side and be inspired to finish up that vision board, painting, or Tumblr page you’ve been working on outside of school but haven’t made time to complete.
5. Do Something Nice For A Friend — Make a friend’s day a little brighter by bringing their favorite candy to lunch or giving them a big hug at the end of the day.
6. Treat Yourself — Get a manicure or that video game you’ve been dying for because there’s no better time than now for a small, personal indulgence.
7. Spread Compliments — In between classes, put a note in a random locker to make someone else’s day or tell your favorite teacher why you appreciate them.
8. Buy Your Favorite Kind Of Junk Food — Because it’s delicious, and because you can.
9. Make A List Of Things That Make You Happy — When you’re feeling down or having a rainy day it’s nice to be able to go back and remind yourself of the things — little and big — that make you happy.
10. Have A Movie Marathon! — Have a movie marathon featuring your favorite non-corny series’ like “Harry Potter” or “Lord of the Rings” instead of settling for cheesy rom-coms on TV.